NuGenius is a new generation, low cost, integrated imaging system for DNA and protein analysis and gel documentation.
Gel imaging at a touch
- Compact workstation
Plenty of bench space for your research
- Complete with built-in processor, touch screen and NuGenius software
Easily capture and edit images on screen without a computer
- Motor driven zoom lens
Automatic set up for easy image capture
- 5m pixel camera
Resolves close bands and detects nanogram amounts
- White, UV and blue lighting options
Flexibility to image fluorescent and visibly stained gels
- Stain free imaging capability with the NuGenius+
Capture images of stain free acrylamide gels and many more
- Optional networking capability to save images to a private network*
Easily share and store your results
- GeneTools software (unlimited copies)
Analyse date on your own computer
*We strongly recommend that:
NuGenius should be connected to a secure, private network (LAN) where all computers are secure, known and trustworthy.
NuGenius should not be assigned a public IP address.
Please note that NuGenius does not currently support DNS name resolution
|Camera||5 million pixel||5 million pixel|
|Sensor||1/2.5 inch||2/3 inch|
|Bit depth||12/16 bit||12/16 bit|
|Dynamic range||3.6/4.8 (extended)||3.6/4.8 (extended)|
|Lens||8 – 48mm f/1.2||11.5 – 69mm f/1.4|
|Viewing area||20 x 24cm||20 x 24cm|
|Slim transilluminator 20 x 24cm||Option||Option|
|Blue converter screen 21 x 26cm||Option||Option|
|Visible light converter||Option||Option|
|7 inch touch screen|
|P95DW Mitsubishi digital thermal printer||P95DW Mitsubishi digital thermal printer|
|Canon Selphy||Canon Selphy|
|Paper and ink||K65HM thermal paper, matt||K65HM thermal paper, matt|
|K91HG thermal paper. glossy||K914HG thermal paper, glossy|
|Canon KP-1081N||Canon KP-1081N|
|H x W x D cms||75 x 31 x 45||75 x 31 x 45|
- DNA – with a NuGenius you can use the UV transilluminator to capture images of DNA gels stained with Ethidium Bromide.
- AutoRads – the NuGenius 5mp resolution camera is ideal for capturing images requiring high detail. This is especially true when looking for separation between bands and spots. Capturing high quality images of Autorads is one of the strengths of the NuGenius.
- Visible light – with the visible light converter, NuGenius can be used to view gels which have been stained with, eg, silver stain and Coomassie blue. You can also view tissues, slides and films.
- Blue light – a blue light conversion screen is available for applications requiring blue light excitation, eg, “Safe dyes” such as GFP, SYBR® Green, SYBR Gold, SYBR Safe, SYPRO Ruby, Safe View and Flamingo.
- Stain free (with NuGenius+) – stain free technology removes extra steps and long delays from staining with dyes such as Coomassie blue.
These are just some of the applications that can be used with a NuGenius. The Syngene Applications Department is always ready to discuss your particular application needs and how they can be imaged using NuGenius. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
NuGenius uses a slimline transilluminator. These transilluminators are available in voltages for 230V 50Hz, 230V 60Hz (-E60), 115V 60Hz (-A), 115V 60Hz (-ACA) and 100V 50/60Hz (-J). Available wavelengths are short wave (254nm, 2020S or 2024S), medium wave (302nm, 2020M or 2024M), long wave (365nm, 2020L or 2024L).
Blue light converter screen
This comes in size 21 x 26 cm and is used to change harmful UV into blue light. It is made of scratch resistant plastic and is easy to retrofit onto a UV transilluminator
Visible light converter screen
This come in size 23.5cm x 30cm and is used to change UV light into visible light, ideal for imaging Coomassie Blue and Silver Stained gels.
A 58mm short pass filter is available.
P95DW Mitsubishi digital thermal printer or Canon Selphy CP1200.
Available as Matt or Glossy.
Short wave 8W, 254nm, Medium wave 8W, 302nm, Long wave 8W 365nm available.